POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : mirrors should not reflect shadows : Re: mirrors should not reflect shadows Server Time
16 May 2024 05:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mirrors should not reflect shadows
From: Rune
Date: 26 May 2002 05:47:59
Message: <3cf0af4f$1@news.povray.org>
bob h wrote:
> Add no_shadow to the red sphere.

Err, that would also remove the shadow from the red sphere itself, not
just the reflection of the shadow of the red sphere...

> The three things that seem related here of course are:
> no_image, no_reflection and no_shadow. Any combination
> of those "object modifiers" can be used to get what you
> seem to have been trying.

I don't see how...?

Of course I may have misunderstood what Bruno is trying, but if he
wanted to remove the shadow in the mirror of the red sphere without
removing the shadow of the red sphere itself, I don't know how that's
possible using just those object modifiers.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 20)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk